Monday, April 5, 2010

Colorado Springs

For those of you who read my blog...I adore you because this is the biggest news I have so far; probably because I have been waiting for this moment for 5 years now. I got accepted to the Penrose-St. Francis Health Services Dietetic Internship in Colorado Springs, CO, which I believe starts end of August/early September, so YES! I get to play RIPUL! I am very excited to start my new journey in life. This move is exciting, but its also very intimidating and hard for me because I get very attached to the people in my life, so I will miss all my beloved friends and co-workers so very much. I do want everyone to either take a road trip to come see me or fly out to stay with me...either one, but I DO except visits! I will not pay for your plane ticket, but since I plan on applying for Food Stamps, I will feed you! I also think its awesome that I get to see Michelle, Kevin and Fred a lot more often! I also will be living at the foothills of the Rocky Mountains and be amongst the UCCS students in the community, so I will meet plenty of new people and snowboard my face off every weekend! I believe I am 1 of 4-6 interns in the program, so I consider myself extremely lucky. Anyway, I will really miss all of you and I am going to savor my last summer in RI for awhile. Eeyalata!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mary! I'm a rising Senior in college and am applying to DIs this year. The Penrose-St. Francis DI interests me, and I was wondering if you could e-mail me and tell me about your experiences/send any photos you have of it? Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete